Zyceva is a prescription medication used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. It contains the active ingredient Erlotinib, which is an epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor.
Zyceva is indicated for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. It is used as a first-line treatment or in combination with other medications.
HOW TO USE:
Zyceva should be taken orally, with or without food. The dosage and duration of treatment will be determined by the doctor. Patients should swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water and should not crush or chew them.
Zyceva should be stored at room temperature, between 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F). Keep it away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture. Ensure that the medication is kept out of reach of children and pets.
Mechanism of action:
Zyceva contains Erlotinib, which works by inhibiting the activity of EGFR, a protein that is involved in the growth and survival of cancer cells. By blocking EGFR, Erlotinib slows down or stops the growth of cancer cells, leading to tumor shrinkage or stabilization.
– Zyceva should not be used in patients with a history of allergic reactions to Erlotinib or any of its ingredients.
– Patients with liver or kidney problems, heart disease, or other medical conditions should inform their doctor before using Zyceva, as these conditions may affect the safety or effectiveness of the medication.
– Zyceva may cause a decrease in blood cell counts and increase the risk of infections, and patients should avoid contact with people who have infections while using the medication.
– Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not use Zyceva.
Zyceva is contraindicated for patients who:
– Are allergic to Erlotinib or any of its ingredients
– Have severe liver or kidney problems
– Are pregnant or breastfeeding
Zyceva may interact with other medications and affect their effectiveness or increase the risk of side effects. Patients should inform their doctor if they are taking any prescription or over-the-counter medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements.
In the event of an overdose, patients should seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, skin rash, and lung problems.
Zyceva may cause side effects, which may vary from mild to severe. Common side effects include:
– Skin rash
– Nausea and vomiting
Less common but serious side effects may include:
– Lung problems
– Liver or kidney problems
– Eye problems
– Bleeding problems
Patients should inform their doctor immediately if they experience any serious or persistent side effects.