Lortinib is a prescription medication used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. It contains the active ingredient Erlotinib, which is an orally administered inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase.
Lortinib is used to treat:
– Non-small cell lung cancer
HOW TO USE:
Lortinib tablets should be taken orally, with or without food. The recommended dose is usually one tablet taken once daily, at least one hour before or two hours after taking food. The tablets should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. It is recommended to take Lortinib at the same time each day.
Lortinib should be stored in a cool, dry place below 25°C (77°F). Keep it away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture. Ensure that the medication is kept out of reach of children and pets.
Mechanism of action:
Lortinib contains the active ingredient Erlotinib, which is an orally administered inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase. Erlotinib works by blocking specific enzymes (tyrosine kinases) that stimulate cancer cell growth and division. This prevents the cancer cells from multiplying and spreading.
– Lortinib may cause skin rash, which may occur more frequently in patients with a history of eczema or psoriasis
– Lortinib may cause diarrhea, so patients should maintain hydration and follow a balanced diet to minimize this side effect.
– Patients may experience fatigue or dizziness, so they should avoid activities that require focus and alertness.
– Patients with a history of liver problems must undergo regular liver function tests while on Lortinib therapy.
Lortinib is contraindicated for patients who:
– Are allergic to Erlotinib or any of its ingredients
– Have severe liver problems
– Are pregnant or breastfeeding
Lortinib may interact with other medications and affect their effectiveness or increase the risk of side effects. Patients should inform their doctor if they are taking any prescription or over-the-counter medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements.
In the event of an overdose, patients should seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of overdose may include skin rash, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and fatigue.
Lortinib may cause side effects, which may vary from mild to severe. Common side effects include:
– Skin rash
Less common but serious side effects include:
– Interstitial lung disease
– Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction)
– Hepatotoxicity (liver problems)
– Renal failure
Patients should inform their doctor immediately if they experience any serious or persistent side effects.