Novisof is a prescription medication used for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. It contains the active ingredient Sofosbuvir, which is a type of antiviral drug that works by inhibiting the activity of the HCV polymerase enzyme, which is essential for the replication of the hepatitis C virus.
Novisof is used to treat:
– Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection
HOW TO USE:
Novisof tablets should be taken orally, with or without food. The recommended dose is usually one tablet taken once daily for 12-24 weeks, depending on the patient’s medical condition and treatment response. The tablets should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. It is recommended to take Novisof at the same time each day.
Novisof should be stored in a cool, dry place below 25°C (77°F). Keep it away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture. Ensure that the medication is kept out of reach of children and pets.
Mechanism of action:
Novisof contains the active ingredient Sofosbuvir, which is a direct-acting antiviral drug that works by inhibiting the activity of the HCV polymerase enzyme, which is essential for the replication of the hepatitis C virus. Sofosbuvir is a nucleotide analogue that interferes with the virus’s RNA, preventing it from multiplying and spreading in the body.
– Novisof may cause fatigue, dizziness or confusion. Therefore, patients should avoid engaging in activities that require alertness and concentration.
– Novisof may cause liver problems, so regular liver function tests are required while on prolonged therapy.
– Patients with advanced liver disease require additional medical attention and monitoring while on therapy.
– Novisof may interact with other medications, so patients should inform their doctor of any prescription or over-the-counter medications, vitamins or herbal supplements they are taking.
Novisof is contraindicated for patients who:
– Are allergic to Sofosbuvir or any of its ingredients
– Have severe liver problems
– Are pregnant or breastfeeding
Novisof may interact with other medications and affect their effectiveness or increase the risk of side effects. Patients should inform their doctor if they are taking any prescription or over-the-counter medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements.
In the event of an overdose, patients should seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and headache.
Novisof may cause side effects, which may vary from mild to severe. Common side effects include:
Less common but serious side effects include:
– Syncope (fainting)
– Hepatotoxicity (liver problems)
– Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction)
Patients should inform their doctor immediately if they experience any serious or persistent side effects.