Lortinib is a medication used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and pancreatic cancer. It contains the active substance Erlotinib and is manufactured by RPG Life Sciences Ltd. Lortinib tablets are available in a pack of 10 tablets, with each tablet containing 100 mg of Erlotinib.
– Treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
– Treatment of pancreatic cancer
– Used in combination with other chemotherapy agents for advanced or metastatic cancer
– Inhibits the growth and spread of cancer cells, improving overall survival and reducing symptoms associated with cancer
How to use:
Lortinib is taken orally, usually once a day, with or without food. The recommended dosage and duration of treatment may vary depending on the type of cancer and the patient’s response to therapy. It is crucial to comply with the prescribed dosage and to continue the medication for the duration as directed by a healthcare professional.
Store Lortinib in a cool, dry place at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and moisture. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Mechanism of action:
Erlotinib, the active substance in Lortinib, belongs to a class of medications called tyrosine kinase inhibitors. It works by inhibiting the activity of an enzyme called epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), which is overexpressed on the surface of certain cancer cells. EGFR is responsible for the uncontrolled proliferation and survival of cancer cells, and its inhibition helps to reduce the tumor burden and prevent further tumor growth. Erlotinib also inhibits the activity of other tyrosine kinases that are involved in the growth and spread of cancer cells. This leads to a reduction in the size of tumors, improved survival rates, and better quality of life for patients.
– Lortinib should be used with caution in patients with a history of liver or kidney disease.
– Inform the healthcare provider of all medications being taken, as Lortinib can interact with certain drugs.
– Hypersensitivity to Erlotinib or any of the ingredients in the medication
– Use in pregnant women, unless specifically instructed by a healthcare professional
– Use in breastfeeding women, as the safety of Erlotinib during breastfeeding has not been established
– Lortinib can interact with several medications, including those that affect liver enzymes, anticoagulants, and certain antibiotics. Inform the healthcare provider of all medications being used before starting Lortinib.
In case of an overdose, seek emergency medical attention immediately. Symptoms may include diarrhea, skin rash, nausea, and vomiting.
– Skin rash or itching
– Loss of appetite
– Nausea and vomiting
– Dry skin or mouth
– Shortness of breath
In conclusion, Lortinib is a medication used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and pancreatic cancer. It contains Erlotinib and is manufactured by RPG Life Sciences Ltd. It is crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and to continue the medication for the duration as directed by a healthcare professional. Lortinib is generally well-tolerated, but it can cause some side effects. Regular monitoring of liver function and blood counts is necessary, and caution should be exercised in patients with pre-existing liver or kidney conditions.